The Prodig List originated from an idea by me, Ed Horwich, during a meeting of the Digital Imaging Group in London in 1996. Martin Evening worked with me to formulate the concept and the Guideline rules and we jointly managed and steered the List for several years.
These days we have both moved out of the daily limelight (though currently I’m back doing some Listmom duties). I continue to manage the facilities providing the List and oversee the Listmom Team, whilst also developing the Prodig web site. Martin has become a major force in Photoshop and Lightroom books, but continues as an ambassador for Prodig by including mention of it in his writings and many seminars around the globe.
For the last several years the “Listmom Team” (*see below) has been keeping the conversation on Prodig running smoothly. All are digital imaging professionals and give their time on a completely volunteer basis.
Prodig has quickly expanded to become an international forum for Digital pros’ with membership spread across the globe.
The Prodig List keeps to a disciplined focus on “issues about the digital image”.
By contrast the Prodig Web site is a cornucopia of:
– some great images & exhibition news
– current issues about photography in general
– general photography news
– news of a broad range of events
– software & hardware news
– and all sorts of other photo-related stuff
The Prodig Email List
Core values – Prodig is one of the longest running professional digital imaging e-mail lists on the internet. Since its founding, Prodig has managed to remain a focused group by insisting on an adherence to its core topics. We also recognise that the professional digital imaging field has evolved and changed over Prodig’s lifetime and, along with it, that Prodig has become a central reference point for digital image makers.
Please respect the fact that Prodig is designed as a working tool for professionals – and all posts are expected to reflect that level of discussion
Volunteer effort of the Listmoms, web site contributors and Pacificstream are responsible for sustaining Prodig.
The presence of Manufacturers and Software Developers as participants and listeners on Prodig is greatly appreciated. They take part as ordinary subscribers and abide by the same rules.
Growth of the web based elements of Prodig are options for the future.
Support for this is welcomed from authors and practitioners who may wish to provide articles or management time, and from Manufacturers and Distributors who could help meet the costs involved.
If you wish to be involved please use the contact form on Eyelook.co.uk
List-owner: Ed Horwich
Listmom: Francis Newman
Listmom: Ellie Kennard
Listmom: Keith Cooper
Prodig evangelist: Martin Evening
ex-officio: Jorge Parra
1. Prodig does not represent nor make any warranty in respect of the accuracy, reliability or continuous supply of any of the information on this website. The services and information contained on this website are only for general information and use and are not intended to address your particular requirements.
2. Any reliance you place upon any material on this website will be at your sole risk. Prodig reserves the right in its sole discretion, but without any obligation, to make amendments or improvements to, or withdraw or correct any error or omission in any portion of the material without notice.
3. In particular, the services and information do not constitute any form of advice or recommendation by Prodig and are not intended to be relied upon by users in making any specific investment or other decision. Appropriate independent advice should be obtained before making any such decision.
4. The service and the materials are provided by Prodig on an “as is” basis, and Prodig expressly disclaims any and all warranties, express or implied, to the extent permitted by applicable law.
5. To the fullest extent permitted by applicable laws, Prodig hereby excludes liability for any claims, loss, demands or damages of any kind whatsoever with respect to the service, information and materials given by Prodig including, without limitation, direct, indirect, incidental or consequential loss or damages, whether arising from loss of profits, loss of revenue, loss of data, loss of use or otherwise and whether or not the possibility of such loss has been notified to Prodig. The foregoing will apply whether such claims, loss or damages arise in tort, contract, negligence, under statute or otherwise.
6. Moderators and other volunteers assisting Prodig are not official representatives and thus cannot issue statements or act on behalf of Prodig.
7. Your visit to and use of this website and any dispute over liability is subject to these Disclaimers, including limitations of damages, and the laws of England and Wales.